FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:33 pm
mixmastermark

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
Platinum Elite & United Premier Silver demotion

Just seeing if any other Platinum Elites lost their United Premier Silver status?

I've been checking my United account regularly since learning about the Bonvoy devaluation, and saw today that it changed from United Premier Silver to 'nobody' status. While not incredibly impressive, United Silver still provided quite a bit of value to me from SFO as a secondary airline with the free checked bag (up to 70lbs), E+ seat selection, Premier checkin areas, etc.

Now my beef with Bonfire:
I understand programs change, but by the time Marriott shared that Bonvoy Platinum status was losing the United benefit it was too late to do anything about it.

Had I known about the change (even as late as Dec. 2018), I could have shifted a couple flights from Alaska and earned United Silver normally through flying, which is quite easy as I'm always just a couple segments/EQMs short (hit Silver in 2017), but didn't feel the need to in 2018 since United Silver came with Marriott Platinum status. Or could've easily spared a few nights from Hyatt (since already hit Globalist in June last year) to reach Bonvoy Titanium.

Killin me, Bonvoy