FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless credit/debit/transit (2017 - 2021)
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:47 am
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by gooselee
Yeah, I know the rep was half making stuff up. By the end of the call she did order a replacement card, and the email confirmation I got had "Damaged" as the reason. I'll report back next week on what shows up in the mail, but I fully expect it to be contactless.
The problem is people end up getting inconsistent information, and it's HUCA. When the CF and CFU first received contactless in November, tmiw had called to request a replacement without issue. I called later that day, and the rep only relented after speaking with a colleague that indeed contactless cards became available within a few days. I remember the rep when ordering the replacement CSR was more resistant to my request for a contactless enabled card, saying similar things to what you heard such as "wait your turn" and "there is no way to expedite a replacement card". My advice to anyone on here is if you don't need overnight shipping on the card to request a replacement online with damaged as the reason. The replacement card will be contactless.

The only one I'm waiting for with Chase is the conversion from the Marriott Premier Plus to the Bonvoy Boundless card. I don't ever use this card except for a few Marriott stays, so I'm not in a rush to update it. The SPG AmEx has already changed its branding on Google Pay to the Marriott Bonvoy design, but the Chase Marriott card is still showing the previous branding. Now 11 of my 12 cards are in Google Pay - only the ICBC UnionPay card isn't - and 8 of my 12 cards have contactless on the card itself. This will be 9 once I receive the replacement Chase Marriott card. Things are moving in a positive direction. ^