FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:45 am
Lintrix

Programs: UA 1K
ORD->Asia on old 777-200 configuration - old Global First blocked off?

Hey guy, I tried searching but couldn't find the answers to this. As you know the Global First / Polaris First class went away but there are still some Global First seats left on older configuration planes. During booking, you can see that some seats are taken and some are open, but when you go to book, row 1 & 2 are blocked off. After purchasing, row 1&2 cannot be chosen and 1K hotline couldn't help relocate me to those rows either even though they are now considered Business Class.

Can someone shine some light into why I can't select a seat on row 1 & 2 with my Business Class ticket even though its now considered Business Class? And follow up is how are some of these seats already occupied and some are open?

EDIT: ANSWER: Only GS can select seat prior to departure, but 1K may be able to get moved by GA on departure day if available.[/SPOILER]

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 7, 2019 at 2:55 pm Reason: moved to exisiting thread