FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:31 am
IkeEsq

Originally Posted by aradisc
It's been a while since I checked in on these threads, and I was just reviewing the wiki and saw a few things listed on #8 that I disagree with:

In my experience, approval letters for Business versions of the card (almost?) never include bonus details. There was a time when personal letters occasionally lacked the info as well, but Citi seems to be better about always including it now for personal cards.

Additionally, calling or chatting with Citi to confirm the bonus is a fairly worthless practice that far too many people rely on. They can see what bonus offer was attached to the application, but they have no insight into your eligibility for that bonus, whether the 24 month rule is applicable or will be enforced or not. This can result in the agent, for example, claiming that you are ineligible for a bonus, based on their own personal understanding of the mechanics of the 24 month rule. In fact they have no access to your actual eligibility info. You know better than them about this- especially if you're using a 9 digit mailer, you should be in the clear.
Thanks for catching this. This is actually addressed in FAQ #11 , so I edited it out of FAQ #8 .

As to the CSRs, you are correct that the CSR who processes your application can only see the bonus attached to the offer. However, once you get your card, the CSRs see what you are actually going to get, just as the personal approval letter will tell you what you are actually going to get. If you request a bonus match they will tell you that there is no bonus attached to the offer or they will approve the match and sometimes tell you what your offer and end-date are.