FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAB threatens to leave oneworld
View Single Post
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:52 am
FlyerTalker688786
Suspended

Originally Posted by brunos
Other OW airlines must must get irritated by the character and his frequent outburst. Threats repeated constantly, month after month, year after year lose all credibility.
It is not only threat by words. In the same time:
1, QR bought stakes in IAG: AA's transatlantic JV partner
2, QR bought stakes in LATAM: AA's Latin American partner
3, QR bought stakes in CX: QF's previous rival, who was unhappy with QF for quite a long time until recently. And this is the airline always seen as a weakest link that may leave OW due to Air China's ownership
4, QR bought stakes in CZ, more than AA: CZ is seen by AA as its China strategic holding and have grand plans. Now QR had come in to join in the battle (is there is any).

So QR is not only talking. They bought into AA's friends and QF's rivals. It will have potential to seriously damaging AA's influence on IAG, LATAM and CZ. I am sure if there is any chance, QR would have bought stakes in JL as well.

To me, QR and AA are both to blame for this mess. AA single handed blocked and cancelled codeshare with QR, and brought the fight again ME3 to public. but AA is the least affected in the US3 V ME3 battle. QR in other hand is too arrogant and get into being personal too soon and too red faced. Both needs to settle the differences in private. AAB is unlikely to leave QR very soon. And with QR's influence on IAG, LATAM and CZ, it may bring continue power struggle in the alliance and it could be the slow death of oneworld.