FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry On / Cabin Baggage Sizes (Vueling /VY, TP / TAP, RyanAir / FR)
Old Mar 7, 2019, 2:07 am
Palal

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by ayee007
I'd love to just check in online and avoid the counter altogether but we'll be checking in a large suitcase so when we drop it off, I'm nervous they're going to try to measure and squeeze us. Would it just be better to buy check in for three bags and avoid the hassle? I've read horror stories online about passengers who have paid for baggage and they're still being charged for baggage at check in...UGH freaking European low-cost carriers! I have no choice for flights except these three airlines, pick my poison!
You're overthinking this - all 3 are perfectly fine airlines. FR is low-cost, VY and TP are more similar to what you get in the US.

Overall, between the three, all other things being equal, I'd probably choose TP - you'll get a drink and maybe a sandwich on board (the other two will charge you for food/drinks).

If you have multiple people traveling and are checking in only a single suitcase - have that person check-in the suitcase and the others do not need to visit the counter. It's as simple as that.