FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:53 pm
Handcake

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Aventine
Definitely go with Westin for 35k in points. Has a much better location than JW Marriott Seoul.
I'm going to suggest the person booking look at what they want to do in Seoul and check out each location.

I have stayed around 30 days total around the Namdaemun/Myeongdong/City Hall area, and while I love that area, I have decided I absolutely hate Myeongdong at night now (too many people), as well during the weekends that business area is really dead. (I have planned to spend 6 nights at the Gangnam Sheraton and 5 at the JWM in Gangnam this year to see how it compares)

Gangnam has a totally different vibe and is not as packed as the area around the Westin is. Some people really can't stand being constantly in the mix of a lot of people.

The Westin is more dated as a hotel than the JWM in Gangnam is too. I am looking forward to some big reviews on the Westin in here. I don't see myself staying there until at least June 2020 as my Seoul stays in Feb 2020 if I go there will be cash, which means cheaper hotels due to the fact in Feb the prices already kick in to be much higher than normal due to the Lunar New Year holiday.

Keep up the information on the hotels, as they are informative, and the Plaza reviews pushed me to book that hotel rather than the Westin. (The Westin is on my list of future bookings though!)