FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:29 pm
goldenbear

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Counsellor
From the Wiki:

Seems worth a try.
Thanks for the reply and encouragement. 50 minutes of CS time later and I'm not sure there will be a resolution in time...

Marriott CS says call UA. UA says call Marriott - but the UA agent tells me she'd had a couple other calls today about the same thing, that the original status request from Marriott was for 1/1/19-3/4/19, and that I have to resubmit the request on the Marriott RewardsPlus page. Which is strange since I didn't request anything until early February. After, I did see my MP status go from general to silver within 72 hours. I'm convinced it's on the Marriott side with all their issues recently. And I can't actually re-request status through the Bonvoy/RewardsPlus site because it's still telling me that I already requested it (and of course had silver status for ~3 weeks) .

So now have a request in with Marriott for their IT team or whatever to handle it. Might have results tomorrow, but that's a pretty tight timeline. The agent said likely a 3-5 business day turnaround. Especially if they are bogged down with many others having the same problem - as it seems for whatever reason Marriott was only requesting status through 3/4. Probably just another programming oversight in their system.

Perhaps I wake up tomorrow and it says silver status...

Last edited by goldenbear; Mar 8, 2019 at 12:49 am