FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How often do you complain about the Wifi?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:27 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bigwings8
No I'm saying that they should have to compensate the lost productivity, not just refund the wifi cost. United promises wifi connectivity. I expect to work for three hours on the plane. I value my internet-connected work time at $100 vs non internet-connected at $25. I expect to "earn" $75 per hour * 3 hours = $225. I also expect to pay $20 of that (or whatever the wifi costs) to United....
LOL, I don't mean to be blunt, and I am far from a United apologist around these parts, but seriously??

You have no such contract or contract provision with United. Your contract with United is strictly limited to the provision of air travel services, not for wifi, food of your choosing, friendly staff or anything else.

I would focus on the issue of the wifi not working and hope for a $200 ETC and refund for the failed wifi - bringing up this argument will result potentially in no ETC at all, and maybe not even a refund for the wifi,