FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Award Category Changes - Effective March 5, 2019.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:52 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Due to the fear of the points advance system changing my bookings and having to spend hours chasing my ambassador I attached e-certificates to all my bookings and ended up going from 2,000,000 points to 128,000

Now i just need to keep an eye on the cancellation dates if anything changes so I dont get stung on them!
Not only that, you would also need to keep a close watch on the points being returned when the reservation is canceled.

For those who have attached points to your "not so sure" stays, PLEASE follow the thread about Certs not returned after reservaion is canceled, due to some update done in Dec.
While that largely seems to relate to those FN certs, we still need to be watchful on getting back the points when a reservation is canceled because the Account Activities posting is totally screwy and could DISAPPEAR or change to something unrecognizable. It cannot be emphasize enough that you need to keep a good record of your ACCOUNT BALANCE and the in and out of the points you used / should receive back on cancellation.
As long as the balance shown is correct, I would not be bothered on how the account activities show. Unfortunately the only way to make sure that, is onto us - to keep good records of the balances before and after any activity that would affect the total.