FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Wine tasting in F
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:25 am
CharlotteC

Originally Posted by gbs1112

​​​​​​On BA139 (LHR-BOM) yesterday I decided that rather than choose a wine to go with my main course I would taste and compare all the reds on offer.

The lunch menu on this flight to Mumbai included some Indian choices and I went for the lamb rogan josh. I might have chosen a beer to go with it but thought that a red wine could work.

Here I was ready to go. The Bordeaux is on the left and the Spanish on the right.

The Bordeaux was a great wine with some complex flavours but it could not compete with the rogan josh and was a poor match. Similarly the NZ pinot noir. A fine wine in its own right but too light for the sturdy curried lamb and though I am a great supporter of NZ pinot, not this time. The Spanish wine was a big and sturdy one and was able to take on the curry and hold its own. It won hands down and was a clear winner.
Thank you very interesting I am hoping to fly next Saturday on the 199 (Mother ill) - have ordered the duck! Did you see what whites they are serving as have my eye on the scallops as a starter (if I get there) Thank you...