FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Lounge entry at PHL
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:26 am
thebigben

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by ratypus
OK thanks - I think I would be there right around peak time for the BA lounge. I'm not a huge fan of BA outstation lounges generally, so I'll probably just head to Admirals either in A-West or B/C since both look OK for a couple of hours. My main priority will be to sit down, maybe shower (do they have showers?), catch up on emails and maybe have one drink...(maybe not even that).

I'll pick A-West or B/C depending where security brings me out and which gates my next flight departs from - it's to PBI so I assume B/C gates? Or is there an obvious favourite as between those two Admirals lounges?

In terms of connection - that's very helpful, thanks. I normally make a real effort to travel HBO on these itineraries, but is PHL somewhere it's fairly painless to retrieve checked backs and re-check them? I'm not on a super-tight connection (just over 3 hours), just want to avoid standing in too many mega-queues.
The BA lounge is decent as far as outstations go. I am not the biggest fan of the admirals club, and while they're not as good, they're still alright. It's easy to collect and drop bags again, as it's all on the same path, the main problem you'll face is immigration / customs queues, but with three hours it should be fine.

I couldn't find any lounges with showers, but there's a minute suites where they might have some paid showers.