FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea
View Single Post
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:36 am
Handcake

Programs: SkyTeam Elite, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jaejaez
I cannot stress enough how important it is for everyone to understand the risk of not getting a meaningful upgrade at the Plaza (which happens occasionally for me as plat) - the standard rooms are indeed very small - not as small as the one at the Sheraton Gangnam, but small enough to surprise you. As previous posters have noted, the location is great, facilities are decent, service is excellent, but think twice before booking this hotel if size of the rooms are important for you and you are unwilling to book a bigger room.
I booked 5 nights on points for June. I don't care if the room is small. I will msg them though and ask about an upgrade before I arrive. Unfortunately I don't think I will make 75 nights by this stay to have the Titanium status to help me out. I usually stay down the street at the Courtyard, but I want to try out the Plaza's lounge and see what the feel of the hotel is.

The biggest reason I chose this was in the reviews the hotel got a lot of props, and I booked in at 25k a night before it bumped to 35k a night. I would rather be across the street at the Westin if I was burning 35k a night (or at the JW down in Gangnam - which I did book 5 nights for in June too lol)