FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most 1k on a flight you have seen
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:38 pm
aCavalierInCoach

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by Brucemcdou
That was my experience when they first implemented it but more recently I've noticed the gate agents (at least at hub airports which is most of my flying) are very careful and methodical about calling each pre-boarding category separately, and pausing for a bit to see if anyone starts toward the gate. They also now have the overhead monitors set up with that order of priority which helps.

This is not my experience at smaller non-hub airports, but that said many fewer GS, 1K or even Platinums at non-hub airports. I fly in and out of Indianapolis sometimes and most people there are just so polite they wait patiently for their turn.
EWR seems to have upgraded signage these days that very clearly breaks out 1Ks as the last of the pre-boarding group; seemed to work well boarding the 781 on UA2006 a few days back. I am pretty supportive of 1Ks getting the pre-board; that is a lot of flying to deal with Group 1, and my guess is the effective "downgrade" to GS from their inclusion in preboard is incredibly small.