FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SPG American Express [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2004, 12:16 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by izzik
wow, it's amazing what some people will do for free points.

Yeah, I agree. This is one of the few threads that routinely appears that really makes me a little mad. This is a most reasonable expense per annum. AMEX, like any other business, generally does not like to see consumers walking out the door, so they may bend a little if they think a good customer is about to walk on them by issuing a "one time" credit or good faith point transfer, etc.

However, I put this in the same category as the folks I have seen in Sheratons this year trying to squeeze points or $$$s out of the front desk clerks using the Sheraton promise. In one case, the complaint was a light bulb that burned out after the guests checked in -- now, I ask you, was that guest R E A L L Y entitled to the 2000 Starpoints he got? I think not. Nevertheless, his rude manner and persistence won him 2000 points. I was disgusted -- he only pushed the point since he knew he stood a good shot at getting something for nothing.

SPG AMEX holders know full well that the annual fee is what it is -- quite low and offers a tremendous payoff for most of us. Just please leave it at that.

I'm stepping down off the soapbox now ........