FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:49 am
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by joe_miami
You need to be seated in a lounge, drink in hand, before you can manage the Herculean task of ... clicking “change flight” on your iPhone?
1. I don't have an iPhone.
2. I don't know if it was the United app or T-Mobile, but everything was really slow. It took quite a while to go through the change process. And she was not clear at first about what exactly the issue was ("your flight departs at 7, you can't come in" when my flight departed at 1845 (leading to some confusion about that part), with no explanation as to why I couldn't come in for about 30 seconds of back and forth discussion).

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Probably took canadiancow longer to type the complaint than change his flight.
No, see point 2 above.

Originally Posted by SP03
I don't t see what the problem is. Since you were denied access before 3/22, I assume the lounge is getting close to capacity. Amex is enforcing the 3 hour rule when it reaches capacity so that people who have flights within 3 hours can use it.

When the lounge is that crowed, may be you should use the United lounge so you can change your flight in comfort.
It wasn't that crowded. They have signs up everywhere now (as I sit here again, remembering I'd posted this last week, but never followed up) explaining the 3 hour limit.

Originally Posted by Steve M
That's the thing: ANY policy they implement to reduce lounge crowding is going to affect someone, and that person is going to have a "rolls-eyes" crappy experience of being denied entry.
And then they're going to buy a refundable ticket departing sooner, check in to the lounge, and cancel it.

This policy is so easy to get around I'm surprised they bother with it.

Originally Posted by joe_miami
I can see having a Plat plus one of the other two, but why would anyone have all three? And why would people drop the Plat to have the other two? I don’t see Citi or Chase building airport lounges.
IMO, the CSR is a much better card. I have the Plat primarily for Centurion access. After $200 in Uber credits and $200 in airline credits, $150 is a small price to pay for Centurion access. It's the only reason I keep the card.