FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seoul, Korea
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:20 am
dangerhsun

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by gora14
I've stayed seven or eight times at the Plaza over the last two years. I have always gotten a suite upgrade except once they upgraded me to a large corner room. I have always had a fruit plate waiting for me and a small bottle of wine in my room. As noted by others, the regular rooms are small. The suites are twice the size, separated by a wall. The corner rooms are quite large. I did not find the suites too small, even when sharing with my wife. Again, I've been upgraded every time I've stayed. My daughters shared a small room once and I would say that would have been uncomfortably small for two, but the view is fantastic from that side of the building. I cannot make comparisons with other hotels. I've stayed at the Plaza every time in Seoul based on location and especially cost, which has always been much cheaper than the other hotels. The concierge lounge can be busy on weekends, but the ladies there are especially helpful and friendly.

Everyone has their preferences. Last time I was visiting with a friend and we stayed in the Lotte in Daejeon. While I thought the Lotte had a much superior breakfast spread than the Plaza, he insisted the Plaza was better as the food quality was much better. If you're just going by upgrade potential, I'm batting 1.000.
Awesome, thank you so much. Plaza it is. Hope the upgrade goes through.