FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Lounge entry at PHL
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:10 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ratypus
1. I think I would be entitled to go to the BA lounge under OW rules, but may get a refusal (based on this thread)?
That would be my interpretation of the threads above.

Originally Posted by ratypus
2. Is there somewhere nice enough by way of AA lounges instead? I'm not dead set on the BA lounge if that's going to cause 'problems'. Which of the many AA lounges at PHL do people recommend. Somewhere reasonably quiet for a rest and a drink would be fine. One or two drinks rather than five - so voucher bar is OK.
See the posts above for recommendations, but PHL has 4 Admirals in all so it depends a bit on your next flight and where it is going.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/phl-club.jsp
(also the AA forum of course)

3. Connections: I will obviously have to clear US immigration and then customs (but will try my best to travel hand baggage only) - is there a separate 'transfer' route through security, and if so does it have fast track? Or am I better off going fully landside and coming through regular departure security, which I assume must have fast track for OWE on AA domestic First...?
In the USA there is no such thing as international transfer, you always end up landside, that's the way things are over there. However in PHL - as with a few other places like MIA and JFK - they kind-of provide a clear pathway back to airside via a semi-dedicated route. PHL is in fact the best USA airport with that kind-of Flight Connection facility since it's rare for the local traffic to use it. From the CBP area it is clearly signed, but you need to clear immigration first, you follow those signs, and they back via security to airside. Ironically you end up very close to the BA lounge, which has star billing in terms of its presence in PHL. But 2 AA lounges are very close by.

For "Fast Track" security, have a look in FT's Security webforums for Global Entry and TSA Pre-Check, there is also the CLEAR system, but unless you are a regular visitor then I doubt it will be worthwhile.