FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connection dragons??
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:49 pm
bullroot

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by orbitmic
OP's experience seems to be unpleasant (I assume that when you say "regular" carry on, you mean that it fits the BA allowed dimensions), and I much prefer gate staff to try and ask for volunteers. That said, for what it's worth, not trying to be a moral police here, but personally, I'm always left puzzled and a bit uneasy with FTers' tendency to refer to various airline personnel in lounges, check points, etc as "dragons". Some are nice, some are not, but I find the term rather gratuitously disparaging. It's just a normal job and most of them try to do it well.
By 'regular', I mean the carry on I've used on a couple hundred BA segments in various classes in both long haul and short haul. it's a 'normal' bag, a 3 day carry-on basically. Nothing extortionate like you see on US domestic flights for example. Never been challenged on the bag size before.

On the dragon piece, I hear your feedback. These people did not seem like 'dragons', I was reusing the lounge term as that was in my mind as I was writing the post when thinking about the experience. These people certainly did not show the best of BA. They are not representative of the majority.