FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Details/Discussion of Saver (Basic Economy) "X" Fares
Old Mar 4, 2019, 2:26 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by williwaw

I have to admit I often have two tickets booked for myself at the same time and no problems. Usually because I am waffling on itineraries. But the system has always allowed it for me.
Really?

I tried this once and it would not ticket. I called and the agent didn't know what was wrong. I asked if it was because of the conflicting reservation and he said no. He also said that they had a bot that did occasional sweeps or something but he said that it shouldn't prevent it from ticketing (I was a bit confused about that point)

However, I canceled the conflicting reservation and the other one immediately, automatically ticketed, with no manual intervention.

This was on a partner award so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. It is all AS ticket stock though.

In any case, the CoC specifically calls this out as a "prohibited practice" and says that they can cancel overlapping reservations at any time -- I'm not sure if I'd want to risk it?

Duplicate, impossible/illogical, fraudulent, fictitious or abusive bookings and/or reservations, or bookings and/or reservations made by Passengers with no intention of being used, are prohibited and may be subject to cancellation. A duplicate or impossible/illogical booking includes, but is not limited to, bookings for the same Passenger on flights traveling on or about the same date between one or more of the same or nearby origin and/or destination (such as SEALAX and SEAONT or SNASEA and ONTSEA), or bookings with Connections that depart before the arrival of the inbound flight. Fraudulent, fictitious or abusive bookings are defined as any bookings made without having been requested by or on behalf of the named Passenger. Additionally, creating bookings to hold or block seats for the purpose of obtaining lower fares, Mileage Plan award inventory, or upgrades that may not otherwise be available, or to gain access to airport facilities, or to circumvent any of Alaska's fare rules or policies, is prohibited without prior authorization from Alaska.