FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Questions for 2019 about, guide to, listing of, compensation (master thd)
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:27 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by stallion114
I flew to Den last night.
Ski bag didn’t make it. App said it was on a later flight arriving at midnight. AA baggage rep said they will deliver when it arrives to Breckenridge 2+ hours away.
I thought great this won’t be an issue.
Bag didn’t come, got email from where’s my bag with an 810am we got your bag message. Thought well I’ll miss first tracks but oh well. 11am no bag, I call aa and they say I should have it at 1pm.
just before 1 I get a call from driver says 5pm.
day is shot at this point. By the time I rent all the equipment and I’d have to buy a ticket since my season pass is in my jacket in the ski bag.

missed 8” of powder which to me is worth a lot.

what should I expect when submitting a complaint to aa. I had all my stuff in the ski bag. I bought a long sleeve T-shirt, light jacket and socks which was around $120.
I'd expect a cash reimbursement for the stuff you bought (include receipts) and a $25-$100 voucher or miles equivalent for the inconvenience, plus a reimbursement of any checked bag fees. Make your claim within 30 days.

Too bad there was a rolling delay, you definitely could have rented/bought equipment and gotten reimbursed under DOT and AA rules up to ~$3k.

Not sure they'd pay for a replacement ski pass, as they do exclude "documents" from liability.

For a recent experience on UA (which is covered by the same DOT rules), see posts by LRMErnst on Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues where they got $800 to cover rental/purchase of ski gear for a 30-hour delayed bag.