FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:44 am
phant0m

Originally Posted by mgchan

we are on an award stay now. It’s been a few years but this one has been disappointing. In the past there was a car service to Avon but this time I asked I was told there was no car service and to book a taxi.

Overall things have been OK but issues have come up constantly. I guess the first red flag was when they sent me an email asking for information about the traveling party but when I replied I got an “out of office” message. The Ritz in Maui did the same and had a personalized note and gift bag for my son. Heater wasn’t working when we checked in. A closet light that won’t stay off (complained twice, never fixed), a tub that kept draining (wouldn’t hold water, took 2 requests to get it fixed) and a sink that drains too slowly, the lack of vacuuming and failure to replenish paper to-go coffee cups one day when they just piled the trash from coffee in a coffee mug and left it, and failure to empty out the bathroom trash can. Ski valet service is inconsistent, some are helpful while others stand around and watch people struggle with boots, some help take the skis out to near the lift while others just put them down and let you carry them yourself. Also the restaurant served my 1 year old son some moldy blueberries.

It’s been a while but I’ve had better experiences at the St. Regis in Deer Valley and in Aspen. For me the service is more on par with the Park Hyatt in Beaver Creek or the Hyatt Centric in Park City/Canyons which are much better value.
Hm that's disappointing. I put in a hold for a point redemption in Feb 2020 before the category increase at 60k a night when the rates are $4000 a night. Debating about moving over to St. Regis Aspen instead.