FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying on separate OW tickets and missing connecting flight
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:06 am
IntVic

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by LondonElite
I have yet to read on FT a satisfactory outcome to one of these self-connection insurance policies....
I maybe one of those who had a satisfactory outcome, the reason I say "maybe" I will come to later.
I was flying DBV-ZAG-LHR flying Croatia Airlines to ZAG then BA the same day. I knew the risks but took the gamble with 5 hours between flights. Just my luck, due to the weather, I found out at about 1900 that my flight for the next day from Dubrovnik was cancelled and I knew that I was stuffed re the BA flight from ZAG. Knowing I had to do everything possible to get to ZAG, I considered taking a 10 hour taxi ride from Budva (Montenegro) to Zagreb at a cost of €300 but eventually settled for a 6 hour journey through the night to Split at a cost of €100 Euros having booked the first Croatia Airlines flight from Spit to Zagreb which would give me 5 hours to catch the BA flight. My employer reimbursed me the taxi fare and the flight from Split to Zagreb was covered by the reimbursement of the cancelled flight.
My employer applied to their insurers for the €100 taxi fare and I believe they got the money back, hence the "maybe."

Last edited by IntVic; Mar 4, 2019 at 8:21 am Reason: grammar