FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - bid for upgrade on COPA
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:19 pm
pmarrsouth

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by joe_miami
Anyone know if the bid range changes as the flight date draws nearer and/or as more J seats are sold, or does it remain the same? I have two Copa flights coming up, and one is still showing all 16 J seats available in the seat map. Thanks.
Not that the airline uses much logic in general, but it would make no sense for the bidding range to change, as the winning bidders will be the people who bid the most. The airline should give the option of the lowest amount of money it will potentially accept and then up to some insanely high number. This should always be the same range, whether its 2 days out with 15 seats left, or 100 days out with 1 seat left

The "Buy it Now" option would presumably change depending on actual demand

If you want to fly in business for these flights, then buy J or Instant Upgrade, if available. If you are trying to do it on a budget, then bid the minimum or min +$5. Its my guess (with 0 inside info) that hardly anyone bids on Copa flights

PTY-MIA/MIA-PTY should in theory be more business focused than FLL/MCO/TPA flights - meaning that both more people who outright pay for J and higher elites could be on it

Seatmap is never great, especially for Copa flights, as a ton of people do not select their seats before checking in at the airport. What dates/flights are you on, I will check the loads as best I can

Its not MIA, but on our flight to MCO on the 21st March, I can bid from $100-$295 for J or Instant Upgrade for $210

FLL-PTY on the 25th March = $145-$320 or $255 instant

PTY-MCO in Oct = $100-$295 - no instant option
MCO-PTY in Oct = $115-$275

There are at least 9 J seats left on each of these flights above

What are your ranges for MIA?