FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question regarding Star Gold and ANA
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:57 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
If you don't mind me asking, where exactly is it after security at NRT? Been through NRT dozens of times, rarely is there anyone there to assist after security. Twice I was able to get a hold of someone and they said no apec but on FT I hear people say yes?
I can only speak for terminal 1, but here is my personal workflow coming off the Nex train..

1. enter the T1 south wing (*A area), look for the Star Gold canopy and clear security
2. right turn after security, down the escalator to the immigration room for outbound immigration
3. immediately along the right wall of the room you will see the large "office" counter which is marked for air crews, APEC, diplomats and other special services - go to this counter with your passport, boarding pass and APEC card and you should clear within a minute or less

Japanese air crews use a self-service desk immediately opposite the office, but foreign air crews need to check out at this desk, so there is always a chance you will come downstairs and find 2-3 foreign crews waiting to check out, so in this rare case, it might be faster to use a regular counter unless the regular counters are seriously backed up.

While you cannot cut in front of air crews waiting in front of the office desk to check out, they cannot cut in front of you, so don't allow them to.