FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andrew Zimmern fired for critiquing Chinese food
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:44 pm
Commie

Originally Posted by Sheikh Yerbooty
I may be close to the only one here, but Chinese food does not sit well with me. It's just variations of a single theme, which is deep-fried fat. What's more, in my neck of the woods Chinese restaurants are consistently ranked lowest when it comes to hygiene. To anyone who's been to China that's hardly a surprise; they are, for lack of a better word, swine. It stinks, it tastes all the same and it's mainly saturated fats. Regardless of whether it's in China, Europe, the US or the Middle East (I've had the misfortune to be invited to Chinese restaurants in all of those places), it's just foul. Chinese food in China was, however, on it's own distinct level of disgusting - and that's before we even touch on the hygiene.

I fully appreciate the Chinese kitchen is considered one of the 5 great kitchens, and you're welcome to it if it tickles your tastebuds. Personally I prefer any of the other 5 (Italian, French, Mexican and Turkish), thank you very much. And while we're at it, Korean food hardly does anything for me either. Thai, on the other hand, can be very delicious if prepared properly and using quality ingredients. Here's my favourite, which holds a Michelin star: https://www.kiin.dk. If you're ever in CPH, make sure to have reserved a table well in advance.
Swine? saturated fat? deep fried fat? Have you ate any of the great seafood dishes, steamed dishes, stirred fries?
Obviously your view of the little world is showing. Not to mention your arrogance, ignorance and rudeness.
Why even be on a travel site with that mindset? Why travel? just stick to your little cocoon.
Just read this thread today, but very disappointed no one commented on this post. and how its allowed to stay posted.