FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Value of 1K when GPUs don't clear despite 20+ open seats?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:48 pm
ryman554

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by rankourabu
ok that's more accurate. But freshly applied GPUs will jump the waitlist if the waitlist is not being cleared.

Also, I thought one couldn't remove an instrument within 24hrs, so one is effectively stuck on the waitlist?

I 've removed my upgrades shortly before check-in at T-24:10, and reapplied 15 minutes later for immediate clearance.
This is no longer possible inside T-24, if my past three experiences are any indication.

Every time I try to call it in in the past couple of months, the PZ space magically disappears before they can apply it.

It happens if I'm trying to add a new one inside T-24, or if I'm trying to SDC onto a flight with PZ space. Each and every time I call at some otherworldly hour (2am or so), the space is gone before I can get upgraded and others magically appear on the "post check in UG list". I can only conclude that they are actually running the UG list dynamically (as they should) before applying anything new. Bad for me, but good for fairnness overall.