FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New First Class
Thread: New First Class
View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:35 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Retron
It must be a magic sense!
I've been lucky enough to fly F (and yes, despite what some would say it's always been a good jump above J) several times. Sometimes via Tesco/Amex/Topcashback/Holiday Inn-generated Avios, sometimes as an "instant upgrade" J cash fare and sometimes as a cash A fare. I've not yet flown on a full-price F fare, but in all cases I've done the same things, worn the same clothes and carried the same luggage. There's no way on earth you could tell whether I was flying on an F, A or Z fare... unless, of course, you've sneaked a peek at the crew's manifest!
Originally Posted by T8191
I sometimes wonder how others see me when I’m sitting in Row 1, or boarding in Group 1, or relaxing in the FLounge. What? A 70+ yo in Cargos and Trainers, with a bright yellow backpack?

“Surely he should be in the back row of Economy? “
“He must be a TESCO Tourist.”

How would anyone know I’ve paid cash for my seat, as I do every time except for the annual 2-4-1?
Both you need to be on your best behavior ! Otherwise someone here may take a dislike to you and look at you sideways. Also get your 2-4-1 booked out ]before you are banished from the pure cabins.