FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Day trip from Tokyo to see Mt Fuji in Mid April ( Hakone or Lake Kawaguchiko)
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:29 pm
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Day trip from Tokyo to see Mt Fuji in Mid April ( Hakone or Lake Kawaguchiko)

Hi,

I will be spending 10 days in Tokyo from 11th to 21st April ( 5 days at the New Otani and 5 days at hilton tokyo bay-for Disney and cheaper hotel rates) with my mother ( my brother and his partner are coming up from Australia for these days) My mother and I then spend 3 days in Osaka before flying home

They would like to do a day trip from Tokyo to see Mt Fuji so I reckon it wil be easier from New Otani rather than Tokyo bay

I also assume avoiding the weekends will be better and that viewing Mt Fuji is not guaranteed. I was thinking Monday 15th April as the Friday before we will have just arrived from Dublin via HK then for the rest of the week we would be at Tokyo

Using public transport , I was thinking of either Hakone or Lake Kawaguchiko ( then walk around a little bit) before heading back to Tokyo ( assuming the forecast is reasonable)

Are either of these places worthwhile to visit to get views of Mt Fuji or do you recommend any other places easily accessible from Tokyo please? Would a guided tour from Tokyo be more useful?

Many thanks

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 3, 2019 at 1:09 pm