FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points by Sheraton BWI Baltimore Airport [Master Thread]
Old Aug 6, 2004, 7:17 am
techgirl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
This property is a nightmare. I got stuck here a few months ago (when it was still a Sheraton) because I missed the last US flight out. I got a distressed rate here... but it took three separate rounds of phone calls to get a front desk clerk who could speak proper English and not put me on hold for 10 minutes and walk off. I finally got quoted a rate on the third call (and 45 minutes of trying) after I got the Platinum desk to patch me through yet again after I was hung up on. I got over to the hotel 15 minutes later and the rate they had me booked on was $20 higher than the rate I was quoted. I recognized (by voice) the girl who quoted me the rate at the desk - she denied it - and we finally had to get a manager to sort it all out.

The rooms are old and dingy and the hotel is laid out oddly... the outward and inward appearance resembles converted Army barracks. Room service was mediocre. A requested wake-up call came 15 minutes late (when I was already up from the alarm and in the shower). The room itself was threadbare and cramped.

I wouldn't stay here again unless I had to catch a 6 am flight again.