FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Almost two years since flown QF - Row 1 and Domestic Upgrade Q's
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:38 am
Jase76

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
If /U/ is available and upgrade says pending, I give QF a call and most times they wiggle it a little, my status on QF is gold.
Took this advice and spent 40m on the phone! Agent had no idea what she was on about, saying:
  1. Because my MCY - SYD - MEL route was part of an international itinerary, this will be classed as an International Classic Upgrades. (Got her to read out the T&C's and it didn't even say this).
  2. Explained I'd already upgraded online SYD - MEL and SYD - PER online, with instant confirmation. She said this was a mistake and will write to the web team to get it fixed.
  3. Asked to speak to her manager, she eventually came back and said they would upgrade MCY - SYD as a favour.
  4. Was tempted to HUACA but I'd already spent 30m on the phone, so asked to speak to her manager again.
  5. He agreed with everything I said and the upgrade was processed in a few mins.
QF customer service at its finest I normally wouldn't bother a J upgrade on such short flights but have a few QFF to use and crediting to BAEC only got me minimal TPs and Avios.