FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2019
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:17 pm
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Holiday Inn Express Friedrichshafen

Holiday Inn Express Friedrichshafen

What is your Priority Club status?

Spire (not sure why though - didn't requalify for 2019 and didn't buy Amb, so should be Gold only)

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

It was OK

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Received ideal room according to my preferences of high floor and next to elevator.

How are the rooms?

Standard HIX design. Good lighting and plug availability.

What was good and what was bad?

Breakfast was typical German fare of breads and cold meats/cheeses, salad, yoghurts, was good enough.

Received welcome points instantly. As an elite member, I received a check-in gift of a postcard (with the hotel name and a photo of the city), and a check-out gift of a 2cm by 1cm chocolate.

Location is a bit awkward if not driving. Stupidly I didn't look too closely before booking - it is really quite far from downtown, not really walkable, however...

Bus #5 stops right outside the hotel and runs every 30 minutes. It goes to the harbour and the Stadt Bahnhof (takes 13 mins), passing the Bodensee Shopping Center.

The Bodensee Ticket is valid on the bus, but can't be purchased from the driver. A single is €2.20 (but fares are zonal so if you're travelling elsewhere in the BODO Transport Network area, just remember to buy tickets in advance at a DB ticket machine and the bus is "free").

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?

€77, chosen mainly to get extra points in the current Accelerate promo. Also as I was travelling to Romanshorn (CH) in the morning, and the bus connected well with the ferry.