FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SMILE! You are on candid camera on your UA flight. (well, not yet)
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:09 pm
John Aldeborgh

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by dmo580
I don't remember any mention of audio/video recording, but I know the security team leader message you are talking about. I believe those started after all those incidents of passengers getting violent in arguments. The funny thing is China isn't overly concerned about terrorism as America is as the main threat was just unruly passengers.
I fly regularly on domestic flights in China and was recently on a flight where a uniformed air marshal was patrolling the aisle enforcing the rules on behavior. Mostly to do with cell phone and iPad usage but it was intimidating, to say the least. Cameras are used everywhere in China, your being watched 24/7, it’s simply a fact of life. The internet is severely restricted. No one argues with the government, you follow the rules and do what your told.