FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileSAAver / SAAver award reduction / scarcity discussion
Old Mar 2, 2019, 5:55 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
If you want to get really into the married segment weeds, venture into the world of outstations and trying to find award space using a partner miles currency. I'd like to figure out how to burn some Alaska miles (Alaska doesn't fly anywhere particularly close to me) and a search on their web site to redeem for American tickets gets me:

1) only mixed cabin options with of course the transtlantic leg in Y

2) routings like DUB-PHL-TPA-CLT-VPS (yes, I have to go into Florida twice in order to get home) or DUB-PHL-PVD-DCA-VPS or DUB-PHL-GSO-DCA-VPS
I saw a MIA-DFW-JFK showing a few days ago when I tried to find a MIA-JFK to connect to a JFK-NRT JL flight.

Other gems were with connections at PHL or CLT the most frequently showing up connection on virtually any search on any route out of South Florida - this is when there are SIX MIA-JFK, or EIGHT MIA-LAX daily flights, but no, 90% of the dates there is none nonstop flight has Savver.

When I cannot find the MIA-JFK whether in Y or in J, I turn to buy a DL or JetBlue from FLL revenue ticket instead. I dont think I am in minority in doing so.

They can continue to hawk their CCs and even reduce the benefits like cut the 10% rebate by May 1st - they would not see people putting real spend on their cards. When and if Citi wakes up and no longer sending out those mailers, there would be the end of AA's cash cow that is its ONLY profitable business segment as an airline for the whole of 2018 and prior.