FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:52 pm
ManSeekingMiles

Programs: United, Copa, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott, Hertz, Avis
DP UA Seat assignments

Just to confirm the sticky, seat assignment fees on UA do not trigger the fee reimbursement automatically. Had two economy plus fees that did not clear automatically. To confirm, this is actually listed in the T&C https://www.cnb.com/content/dam/cnbc...l-Benefits.pdf (page 51).

Qualifying Airline Purchases are defined as incidental airline fee transactions made at eligible US-Domestic Airline Carriers (each an "Eligible Airline") on domestic itineraries and include: ticket change/cancellation fees, checked baggage fees, in-flight entertainment, onboard food and beverage charges, airport lounge membership fees and day passes, onboard wireless charges (excluding Gogo Wireless), and TSA Pre✓® membership application fee1transactions, and may vary depending on the airline. Airline ticket purchases, seat fees (including upgrade and preferred seat charges), standby fees, carry-on and checked pet fees, mileage point purchases, mileage points, transfer fees, gift cards, duty free purchases, award tickets and fees incurred with airline alliance partners do not qualify as Qualifying Airline Purchases. Airport lounge fees not affiliated with airlines and transactions made with travel agencies are also not deemed to be Qualifying Airline Purchases. All incidental airline fees must be separate charges from airline ticket charges and must be made with an Eligible Airline.

I will say that the list of items that trigger the reimbursement in the T&C is pitiful and nearly useless as is. Plus incredibly challenging to navigate. It's like trying to sort out the free breakfast for platinums with Marriott. I like that you can get wifi unless it's gogo, which is, of course, nearly all wifi on planes these days. Who is is actually going to accumulate $250/card in the actually allowable fees that they otherwise would have been spending on anyway (sure, I can stock up on $250 in chips next time on the plane). Obviously there are other options to consider and I still like this card for many reasons, but this kind gamesmanship on the CC companies part (Amex included) is absurd. I'd much rather taken less and make it more flexible. Gotta hand it to Chase for making their reimbursement a real benefit that does not require any jumping through hoops.