FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321T / 321T “32B” Transcon JFK <--> LAX / SFO Upgrade Success / Help
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:24 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by A651346
Hi FT community,

Seeking your expertise on this route as it'll be my first time from LAX-JFK. Been to JFK many times from PHX but not on a 3 class cabin.

Just booked a flight for 3/18 on AA10 getting to JFK at 5:21 am. Since I'm EP w/ rolling EQD just north of $30k not sure if i should roll the dice on the comp upgrade or pay $75 and 15000 miles to be wait listed for upgrade. I still also have SWUs to burn but saving those for the 2 HKG trips later summer/fall. Anyone ever flew AA10 and what are the chances of complimentary upgrades clearing?

Mods - Apologies if this post should be in a different thread and feel free to move. Thanks all!
J is pretty open as of now. I'd check it every couple days and hope for a comp upgrade... but, as the 100-hour window rolls around, if C space opens and there are fewer than 7 or 8 seats left open in J (that's my threshold at least), then I'd probably confirm the C upgrade. (Also consider signing up for Business Extra if you are eligible & fly this route much -- BXP1 upgrades are a great substitute for miles/copay on this route.)