FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deciding on a Oneworld Frequent Flyer Program? Help is here.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:53 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gobber
(1) What is most important to you in a FFP?
(upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, extra baggage allowance, good award redemption rates, better award access, free - discounted lounge access, etc.)
Availability of upgrades and redemptions with lower taxes/charges, priority security&boarding, lounge access (although have PP via Amex Plat), increased bag. allow.

<snip>
(7) Do you have FFP status of any kind in OW or other airline? What is it? Do you have any miles banked in a FFP?
(LH FreqTrav (Silver) 40k MilesMore, QR Silver (almost Gold) 200k QRMiles, AY Blue 20k miles, BAEC 2flights&1k Avios
(8) Preferred Airlines? Most common Airlines flown on?
ShortHaul: *A: (LH&LOT), some AY
LongHaul: QR (interested in AY)

Thoughts.
No direct flight NCE-TLL or NCE-HEL during offseason (OCT-APR). So commuting with 1 stop off-season on LH/LOT get me into lounges, but spending those miles on long-hauls - not really. Could of switched to AY under OW during season (April-October) and thus earning and spending within OW (would be ideal) but the problem is a direct flight from NCE-TLL on *A (LOT) which is more convenient, i.e. 2-2.5 hrs instead of 4-6+hrs.

Even if I need to keep flying *A, what would be the best OW FPP for my case? I tend to switch to BAEC vs AY+ with better availability of OW redemptions/upgrades inside Asia but may be put wrong and AY+ is better? I haven't done spreadsheets/math, which could probably provide the answers, but brainstorming at this stage.
Upgrades are normally only on the airline of you ffp.
But AA-BA-IB have a cross airline upgrade system, but with heavy t&c's so little use for most people.
And upgrades are hard to get.

For short flights time & cost benefits will be better than earning a few ff miles.

Having 3 OW ffp's QR, AY & BA is not very efficient. It may have been possible to credit flights to 1 ffp
The airline you fly and the airline ffp you credit flights to does not need to be the same.

QR points have a hard expiry (3 ~ 3.5 years) so would be considering using those :- expiry thread Miles/Points that Do and Don't Expire. Click to open the wiki.