FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket children/revenue ticket parent
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:02 am
AceReport

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Looking right now at IAH FRA or IAH MUC flight option.So that means majority of flights on United metal.

I do not know how other on this forum did it on international flights.Pretty sure that if I call UA they will not give a reasonable solution...
The issue with phone agents is that there are a variety of training levels and experience. My personal experience is that pmCO agents seem a bit more willing to work with you generally but that's not going to be the same for everyone. As always if the agent isn't working with you HUACA

I would reiterate that it is best to spend some effort online first figuring out the flights and finding availability before calling in. The issue you will have with booking 2 minors together online, as mentioned above, is that the system will try to put them as unaccompanied minor's.

On the IAH-FRA or IAH-MUC routes UA flies an as yet not reconfigured 772 so it is 3-3-3 in Y. to MUC it is a 763/4 depending on day but either way Y is 2-3-2. LH flies a 388 or 748 to FRA which are both 3-4-3 in Y.

for my $.02 I would take a lap infant on UA trying for a bassinet row on the 767 to MUC. I personally find MUC to be an easier airport to transit, particularly I imagine with a gaggle of kids. 2nd choice would be the 772 (if it does not swap for a reconfigured air-frame with the tight 3-4-3). If you decide to book 4 seats I think the LH flight to FRA is the seating configuration I would lean towards as having 4 seats in a row would be far better than being split across an aisle or in 2 rows. I would also take a non-bulkhead row as the armrests do not fold up on bulkhead rows.