FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does A Inventory Affect U Inventory?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:48 am
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Sorry it was 4am when I was typing this. I meant to say from Marriott to Alaska. My SPG or now Bonvoy lets you transfer to Alaska.

You are misinterpreting this, Alaska has (A) space that is used to redeem rewards. I.E. The booking that I am looking at is being redeemed thru Alaska but is a 2 leg trip with the 2nd leg being on AA. From what I have fooled around with on Expert Flyer In order to book one of these AS to AA flights when using Alaska Mileage Plan there needs to be A fare availability.

Mentioning J was me simply referring to Business Class because after all Domestic First is Business Class..... I'm sorry for the confusion it was 4am and I hadn't gone to sleep yet, late night working.... I'm not an A student in FT lingo
Well, to be honest, you can book partner J with either A (award first) or W (award coach). If you’re an elite you could even stick the upgrade from W. So that is also a possibility if you’re worried about booking A making U disappear, book an elite’s ticket in W and take a chance on an upgrade coming though.