FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket children/revenue ticket parent
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:11 pm
AceReport

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Hello there,

I cannot find a recent example on this kind of booking, so asking it here.Sorry if repeating the question.

Looking to book mex iah fra vie almost completely on UA..only Fra Vie operated by LH or OS.
1 adult, 1 lap baby, children 4 and 12 years old.

Would it ve possible and a good idea to book a revenue ticket for adult + lap baby and afterwards book 2 awards for children linking somehow both reservation together?
As mentioned there is no way to 'link' separate PNR's. That said I've done this 1x only and I called in to book it all after verifying availability via .bomb ,, Short answer is that it worked fine though I have a feeling that in IRROPS I would have had to be VERY proactive in order to keep us together.

Edit: another thought I had is that with a lap child on LH or OS if young/small enough take the extra time to request, pay, get a bulkhead seat with the bassinet. I've used LH's a few times and they are great, can't use them for takeoff or landing but it's a life saver. plus depending on route those are 3 seat Y rows which might be ideal for your little tribe. You'll have to call into LH or OS after booking to arrange that.

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
First, I wish you good luck as the only adult with 3 kids on such a long trip.
AGREED!!

Last edited by AceReport; Mar 1, 2019 at 7:36 pm Reason: didn't separate the quotes