FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transferring Bonvoy Points to Airline Program Miles [Discussion & Transfer Times]
Old Mar 1, 2019, 1:18 pm
ImissSPG

Angry Attention Former SPG Members

Since Marriott has swallowed up Starwood, don’t expect the same excellent customer service that you came to expect with Starwood. As an SPG member, I used my Starpoints to regularly purchase airfare, which required me to transfer the needed points from my SPG account into my airlines membership account. I always did this online and it was seamless. My points always appeared in my airline membership account within two business days. Well this has all changed now with Marriott Bonvoy. After going back and forth with them on the phone for over a week after I initiated a points transfer, Marriott states that the points transfer will take approximately six weeks....that’s right, SIX WEEKS! They blame it on my airline club which is a lie, as my Starpoints always took only 48 business hours. I can deposit a check with my iPhone and the money will be in my checking account the next day, but Marriott takes a month and a half to transfer points...unbelievable. Keep this in mind and plan ahead if you need to transfer points while planning your vacation.