FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IntraEurope Business Class no seat choice available
Old Mar 1, 2019, 12:00 pm
IAMORGAN

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Righty-ho, a handful of points:-

1) One day the flight could arrive at 9:27, another day at 9:31. One day, it could arrive at a bus stand, or a domestic gate where everyone has to get off down the steps at the back, or a B or C gate. Where you sit on the aircraft in terms of disembarking is very small beans and not worth worrying about. I think Row 10 on the 319 is the exit row (it used to be row 9, but after further densification I guess it could have changed again) but if not then Row 10 and Club is probably second only to row 1.

2) I do totally understand that you don’t expect / it is unusual to be stuck in row 10 a few months out. Yes, lots of Euro flights go out with 7 or more rows of Club every day, but it’s normally possible to bag a seat further forward when booking in advance - so I do understand the OP’s surprise & frustration - but I want to reassure them too that it is very unlikely to matter,

3) Seating can change A LOT in the period between now & your flight. Maybe create a few seat alerts on Expertflyer or keep checking back.

4) I hope above doesn’t come across as a lecture! What I know is that I have things that others may think are trivial which bug me, and being told ‘don’t worry’ doesn’t always help. Ultimately, though, it looks like you booked the 1 flight ever where all seats are pre-booked this far out. A hazard of being a frequent flier is sometimes we run into the unexpected! But, honestly, enjoy row 10 if you do end up in it (and I’d wager you’ll have the chance to change) and just overtake everyone once off the plane...or stand up as soon as the Thames comes into sight on approach, yelling “I HAVE A CONNECTION” and rush to the front of the cabin, grabbing your 3 carryons from Row 2 as you do ;-)