FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [IN AN AC LOUNGE] Pet Peeves or annoying passengers in the MLL/Cafe/Signature Suite
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:14 am
RangerNS

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Have you ever had someone move your stuff and sit in the chair? What's the proper etiquette there?

Also, we hear all the time about not leaving your baggage unattended at airports. Does that rule apply here? How far away from your bag can you be in a lounge before it's considered a security issue?
I've not had it messed with. At least, so far as I know. Some of the obscure pockets in my bags could be crammed filled with someone else's Tile tags, I suppose.

But the messee would have no idea if they are touching stuff for someone who is on their second round to the bar/food, or just claiming a chair. I don't think anyone can be annoyed at the 2 minutes extra of first round chair claiming... or expect one to carry around bags and a plate of food & drinks.

As for the security question, I don't have that level of paranoia. MLL is heavy on solo PAX, it is after all, mostly gotten to by business travelers who are almost always solo. How could you possibly get someone I trust to watch my stuff? We are getting into Seinfeld episode territory here. If you need to be in physical contact with your bags because paranoia, you need to get your meds adjusted.