FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master Thread American Express Aeroplan cards
Old Mar 1, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalker70

Originally Posted by yscleo
But the bad PR is mainly due to the ticketing carrier AC adding scamcharges, and lack of seat availability. AC head had stated 8% seats per route is too high, so it should be expected the seat availability will be less. That's not improvement. That's AC "enhancement".
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Aeroplan is the * transfer partner for AE in Canada and the US correct?

One of the great values in having Aeroplan be a transfer partner for AE is that you know you can use your reward points across a variety of * partners and other airline partners like Canadian North. What's unclear about the new program (and would greatly impact the value of the Aeroplan points) is whether there would be such partner availability in the new program and secondly if it would follow an award chart found on most * airline FFPs. I suspect part of this will depend directly on how many award seats AC releases to their * partners. Sure there's a ton of places AC flies to but partners patch up a lot of the missing coverage in AC's network (i.e. it's been a while since I saw a LHR bound AC flight departing from FRA). Similarly, it will be a real shame if I can't redeem my Altitude points in 2020 for flights to YFB or if the cost is quite prohibitive.

Safe Travels,

James