FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz Vehicle Upgrades and Experiences for Elites Master Thread and Guide
Old Mar 1, 2019, 9:24 am
jtav559

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Seems like they did OK to me - offered you what most people would regard as an upgrade (a Highlander), then offered you what you had reserved (a Malibu) and another option, which you took. PC aren't entitled to an upgrade above full size, so anything beyond that is gravy.
Oh, I am not saying what they did was bad or unappreciated. I love catching an upgrade when I can, and I do understand that they are not obligated to do so past the prescribed level of car. Another day and destination, I would have taken the assigned Highlander in a heartbeat!

I think my main gripe was that the car I was given as an upgrade was well past its prime with 40K miles, pretty stale smell, and some cosmetic damage to the outside I noticed once I got to my hotel. You would think they would retire it at some point? Had I known that was what I was switching to.... well I might have kept my original assignment! Always a roll of the dice I suppose. If I had paid for and reserved that specific car - a luxury small SUV - I would have asked to see other options based on its condition at time of rental.

The point I was trying to get across was... when I see a parking lot busting at the seams with cars and not a lot of reservations on the board, I would hope they would offer some flexibility for switching me into another option. That flexibility seems to vary location to location (and rep to rep as well). Still happy with PC from an overall perspective however.