FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Defection to Hyatt: Experiences & a Guide for ex-Starwood/Marriott travelers
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:30 pm
uppereastsider

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by gengar
Park, Grand, Regency, and Andaz. I've stayed in plenty of HH/HPs, but apparently just not since WoH rolled out (when I first made Diamond in 2010, nearly all my stays were HP). I only came back to Hyatt in mid-2017 when I realized I could make top tier just off my mLife stays by playing some games with comps, then made WoH my main program in 2018 when I realized I could achieve lifetime pretty quickly. I did ~400k base points last year and should hit lifetime later this year or early next.

I have to imagine I've stayed at a Hyatt (plain brand) at some point but don't remember ever doing so, although that could just be because I don't distinguish the Hyatt/Regency/Grand brands in my mind.
Sounds like you need to add a Ziva or Zilara to that list. There's something really nice about being able to redeem points for an all-inclusive hotel, especially Cancun or the new one in the DR. That's a benefit I didn't have with SPG that I greatly appreciate with Hyatt.