FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions (with Wiki) {Archive}
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:43 pm
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
Alright, we'll see if I give it a whirl. If, for example, I want to reroute onto two flights with F, will I be accommodated up front for both? I suspect it's YMMV given the weird fare construction I have, but again, any anecdotes or reports would be good to hear!
IME, the app goes strictly by the current RBDs of each segment. Also, when I've been in this situation -- usually with an upgrade that's cleared only one leg, since the R -> PZ switch -- it hasn't allowed me to change the transfer city. For example, I had AUS-ORD-DTW, with ORD-DTW upgraded to PZ via CPU and AUS-ORD in economy. I had to call to SDC to AUS-IAH-DTW, even though PZ was available on both legs -- the app wouldn't present me with an option through anywhere other than ORD.

So, what I'd expect is that the app will restrict you to EWR transfers, and if you are able to change the second leg to a two-cabin plane, it will put you into economy with an H fare.

If you actually have a through fare, you may be able to talk an agent into putting you in the front on the connecting flight.