FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alaska's policy on flights departing EARLIER than the scheduled time?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:52 pm
sltlyamusd

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Same. I've had >1000 flights since 2007 and this was a first for me too.

Weather I can understand. This was in Juneau as well, but it was just for JNU-SEA, AS66 (last flight of the night). There should have been no duty restrictions at play, unless the crew working our plane had last minute changed from another scheduled line.

Yep, very light for us too. The gate agent was actually asking over the intercom for anyone with a birthday or anniversary or anything special since she had 3 open F seats.

I've emailed Customer Care to ask for an explanation. For us, the frustration came from the fact that I've taken this flight at least monthly for the past year and we have a regular schedule of having dinner right before going to the airport, so that was hurried and I had to actually leave early before we were done eating.
It looks like there is a lot of schedule padding for AS 66 in JNU (75 min scheduled on the ground). Assuming it was 2/27, AS 66 does show 24 minutes early leaving JNU...