FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Buenos Aires {ARG}
View Single Post
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:47 pm
catcher1

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by anabolism
Yes, but it is USD $85 each way. You can take a private car service ("remis") for about USD $35, or $28-$30 from Taxi Ezeiza but they take only cash, while the private car services accept credit cards. We used a private car ("remis") service called Tienda Lión which accepts credit cards. With these services, you make a reservation online or by phone (I had to do it by phone because the web form didn't let me select how many people or what date), then go their window in the arrivals hall at EZE, identify yourself, pay, and your driver appears and shows you to your car, helping with luggage. The price includes tolls and fees and driver tip. You could also just show up at their window without a reservation and likely they will have a car and driver and take you. There are also shuttle busses from companies such as that run by Tienda Lión. Then there's Uber, which estimates about half of what the private car services cost. I ended up not opting for Uber because of the FUD surrounding them (some people say they operate in Bueonos Aires, some say they have been shut down, others say they do operate but drivers will cancel once they realize you will pay by credit card as it must take Uber some time to pay the drivers. These people say Uber has an option, valid in Argentina, to pay in cash.
We used Uber several times a couple of weeks ago, including EZE-Hilton. For a pickup at Hilton, the bellman told us that Uber often avoids pickups at the hotel entrance and picks up on the adjacent street, because taxi drivers have power and don't appreciate the competition. Once, the Uber driver asked one of us to sit up front to disguise the service. But everything always worked out, and payment was by CC.