FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First time booking at Marriott, price change after confirmation
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:31 pm
HOLYMOLEAIR

Programs: QRPC-Plat/OWE, MPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
That one can go either way. I originally thought it was $150/night & they were trying to change it to $300//night. Try to escalate given your rationale, but also have a back-up plan in case they continue to dig in their heels.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by Antarius
Still. I don't look at my nightly breakdown very closely unless something crazy comes up. If the total is in line with what I was expecting, I book. If the total came back as 14 USD or 1400 USD, I likely will investigate, but at 300 odd, unlikely.

300 for 2 nights is possible. I stayed at the JW Marriott Essex House once for ~170 a night.

Marriott should own this. I'd complain to the NY Dept of Consumer Affairs.
Have been calling Bonvoy CS, agents are just misleading and even blatantly lying at times - they would claim the first price is for one night only and the second email is the total sum blablabla... All escalation attempts end with a case reference, which nobody actually follow up. Guy from RM was having none of my rationale - 15% discount or cancel, and they've been quoting the policy in Marriott with errors in systems and the like.